Thursday, March 21, 2024

How Much Did I Save By Shopping At Aldi Vs Wegmans? (3/21/2024)

 Are you curious to see if shopping at Aldi for your groceries can save you money vs shopping at Wegmans? 


Aldi prices are generally cheaper than Wegmans, most of the time. Is it worth your time to shop at two different grocery stores?  Let's see how much I saved!



Is there an Aldi and a Wegmans near you?

I am fortunate where I live that there is an Aldi store right next to a Wegmans store. If I have enough time, I will go to Aldi and get what I can, and then take the quick drive to Wegmans and finish my list. 

Aldi won't have all of the products you may be used to getting at Wegmans. 

I buy my cats' Iams food products at Wegmans since it's not available at Aldi. I mostly buy my meat products at Wegmans. Some paper and vitamin products won't be available at Aldi. (Think bathcups, daily vitamins)

First: Download the Wegmans app.


Before you head out to shop, download the Wegmans app, and create a shopping list. This will give you the price of the item so you can do a comparison when you are at Aldi. Check in the app for digital coupons that you have to click on in order to receive a discount on the price.

The items I bought today that were available at both Aldi and Wegmans, along with their prices: 

Item:                        Aldi price:        Wegmans price:    Difference:

Naval oranges 4lb     4.49                        4.99                -.50

Strawberries 1lb        2.45                        3.99                -1.54

Avocados bagged 4-5  2.29                     4.00                 -1.71

Blueberries 1 pt          3.85                      4.49                  -.64

Butter quarters 1lb     2.69                       3.89                 -1.20

Greek vanilla yogurt 32oz     3.49                      4.29                  -.80

Whipped light cream  2.99                      3.69                 -.70

Hearty multigrain bread         2.39                      3.49                 -1.10

Pita bread, flax            2.89                     3.49                  - .60

Canned peach slices   1.29                      1.89                  -.60

pancake syrup             2.29                      2.79                 -.50

rolled oats, 42 oz        3.95                      4.49                  -.54

Steel cut oats 24 oz     3.09                     3.99                  -.90

chocolate chips 12 oz  1.89                     2.49                  -.60

parchment paper 45 sf   2.19                   3.29               -1.10

raspberries 6 oz            1.99                    3.49                 -1.50

powdered coffee creamer 16 oz   3.19                       5.79                -2.60

feta crumbles              1.89                      3.49                -1.60

Total saved:                                                                     $18.73!  


As per usual, they didn't have everything I needed, so I had to go to Wegmans to finish my shopping.  Was it worth my time to go to two stores?  For me, yes!  If you are working full time and/or have small children, it may or may not be worth your time with the amount I saved. 

                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment