Thursday, December 26, 2019

Losing Weight On A Budget With iTrackbites


Time To Get Serious About Losing Weight


About eighteen months ago, I decided it was time to shed about twenty pounds. I was at the beginning of summer vacation, and was ready for the challenge.  After doing some research, I was about two clicks away from joining Weight Watchers. After I saw that there was a monthly fee of 19.99, I searched for a "free" version of Weight Watchers. This is how I found iTrackBites


After finding iTrackBites,  I realized that what I needed was a guide, some kind of plan to help me keep track of what I was eating.  After reviewing all of the plans available, I choose to use the Sugar Smart guide, as I have a weakness for anything sweet!  I realized I needed to lose weight after my clothes size was ready to go to the next higher size!




My daily points guide on maintenance

I downloaded the app on my phone, plugged in the information about my age/height/current and goal weights.  I was given then a daily and weekly point guide to help me reach my goal.  There is a pocket guide for foods that shows the point value for all kinds of foods. This may be easier to use now with the upgraded program, usually for 35.99 per year, still much cheaper than Weight Watchers. The "pro" version includes a restaurant guide that I would find very useful if we ate out frequently. 


The key to my success on this program was creating a daily eating plan.  I wrote out what I would have for each meal and the points value of each food. I religiously entered every food into my itrackbites app.  Most fruits and vegetables are zero points, so I learned to eat low sugar fruits, like cantaloupe and berries, and filling vegetables like broccoli and beans to keep me from feeling hungry.  

After three and a half months on the plan, I hit my goal of losing twenty pounds!  After a few more months on "maintenance", I track my points really only once in a while. I have changed my eating habits and am aware of what value most of the foods I eat have.  I admit to having a sweet every now and then, but show far more control than before I lost the weight.  And my clothes?  I dropped down a size.  I still have a bin of clothes that I decided to keep "just in case" I couldn't keep the weight off. 


After a whole year of staying on my goal weight, it's time to get rid of those too big clothes!  If you are looking for a free weight loss plan app, I highly recommend iTrackbites!

No comments:

Post a Comment