Thursday, March 21, 2024

Your Southwest Airlines Ticket Dropped In Price? Get A Refund!


Have you ever
  booked a ticket on Southwest Airlines and then checked prices at a later date, only to find that the price dropped since you purchased your ticket?  


Get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest Airlines ticket that is lower than when you bought it!

It has been my experience that the earlier I booked my tickets on Southwest Airlines, the lower the price I would pay.  Sometimes this isn't true!

  In January, I booked a trip for September for 35,000 points round trip. Two months later, in March, I checked the price and the same round trip ticket was now 28,000 points, a 7,000 point difference!

 Southwest Airlines does NOT automatically refund you if the price drops after you buy your ticket.  I had heard that you CAN get a refund of the price difference, but wasn't sure how. 

After doing some research, here's how to get your refund:


1. Sign into your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.

On your account, you will see your future flights. Find your flight and click on "change flight."

2. Click on "explore options."

3.You will see the amount that the flight has increased or decreased in points or cash. If your original flight has decreased, (shown with a minus sign), select the fare to get a credit. 

4. Click "review changes." You will see the credit you will receive at the bottom of the page. 

5. Click "review passenger and pricing."  You're done!  The credit to your account may not be instantaneous, but should appear within an hour or so.

What if I already bought Early Bird Check-in?  

I was afraid this would be lost if I rebooked, but it remained with the new fare!  If I cancelled my flight, I would have lost the Early Bird Check-in.

Do you have a flight booked in the future with Southwest Airlines?  Be sure to check back to see if the price has dropped!

No comments:

Post a Comment